PhysioYoga Therapy is a unique fusion of physical therapy, yoga and meditation!
Therapy is aimed at achieving a balanced state of physical and mental well-being based on treating any current injuries and mental obstacles, in turn reversing the effects of incorrect movement and emotional holding patterns that manifest as tension within the mind-body connection. Combining clinical exercise, therapeutic bodywork, yoga techniques, breath work, functional movement training, core stabilization work, and guided meditation, the mind-body connection is rehabilitated and the body can begin to naturally heal and realign itself.
Whether you are suffering from a current injury, are interested in better understanding the structure and function of your body and mind, or are looking for a means of managing stress and cultivating relaxation, then these sessions are perfect for you!
Modalities used in these therapy sessions include, but are not limited to:
- Thermal modalities
- Soft tissue mobilization
- Myofascial release
- Trigger point release
- Thai yoga massage
- Joint mobilization and stabilization techniques
- Clinical exercise prescription
- Functional movement training
- Therapeutic yoga postures
- Kinesthetic awareness, proprioception and balance training
- Core and postural stabilization work
- Breathing techniques
- Guided meditations
- Education: injury care and prevention, mindfulness, health and wellness